hedgehog adventures

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Knitting

In addition to food, I have a new interest: knitting. Every Thursday, I rush home from work, change into my jeans, and trade in my briefcase for my knitting bag. I walk the five blocks or so (down the street, hang a left, go under the bridge, then walk up another five minutes) to get to my knitting class. It's a drop-in class run by a nice woman at the Wool Mill. There's usually about four or five of us and we work on our own projects at our own pace.

The first class, I learnt how to cast on and how to knit and purl. By the second class, I made a swatch then started my first project: a baby outfit with sweater, bonnet and booties. See, we only do baby outfits at the beginner class. How useful is this, you ask? This is actually pretty good because (a) I finish a project fairly quickly and (b) I learn how to read patterns.

That was about four months ago and since then I've been a regular knitting granny with a growing stockpile of yarn in my collection. Everyone is getting scarves for Christmas this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home