hedgehog adventures

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Wild Salmon served with Pasta and Salsa Verde

Can you believe it?! The nausea subsided enough for me to cook tonight! Tonight's dinner was broiled wild salmon steak served on a bed of pasta that was tossed with chopped broiled zucchini and smothered with salsa verde. It was a nice simple, delicious baby-worthy meal.

The salsa verde was a simple concoction of finely chopped parsley, capers, and anchovies mixed with lemon juice and a dollop of dijon. I mixed these together, then drizzled some olive oil and emulsified. The original recipe called for garlic, but I skipped it since garlic is on my aversion list these days (see previous post). When the pasta was ready (I used spaghetti 'cause that's what I had handy), I drained the noodles and tossed it with the zucc while adding the lemon and olive oil sauce. The only prep for the broiled salmon was a squirt of lemon and a sprinkle of sea salt and fresh ground pepper.

With prep, this meal only took 15 minutes. I should have taken a picture because it looked awesome -- the noodles with flecks of bright green parsley, chunks of green zucchini and the pink salmon. Very pretty. And best of all, I managed to taste it and, ooh ooh, even better, it managed to stay down! Maybe there's hope for my taste buds yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home