hedgehog adventures

Monday, October 23, 2006

Sweet Potato Soup

One of my favourite soups from one of my favourite recipe books is the Sweet Potato Soup from Lucy Waverman's Fast and Fresh cookbook.

This soup is so simple and absolutely amazing. Melt a little butter in a saucepan, add cubed sweet potatoes (or yams), some leeks, a tablespoon of chopped ginger then a dash each of cumin, coriander, cayenne and nutmeg. Add a little stock then boil down until the sweet potato is soft (about 15 minutes). Puree the mixture then add milk (the recipe actually calls for whipping cream but I never have any in the house when I make it so I just add milk). Simmer for another five minutes, add some salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime juice and voila, a creamy tasty soup! I like using yams for this recipe because I like the orange-coloured effect better than the yellow-colour you get with sweet potatoes.

Maybe my taste buds are in the mend. I was actually able to cook tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home